Many insurance brokers incorporate technology into their businesses to stay competitive in an increasingly digital world. The importance of tech is being put to the test with the COVID-19 pandemic. With people across the world forced to work from home, brokers using digital tools are well-positioned to persevere without sacrificing service in an uncertain time.
We’ve talked before about how using social media can help your business, as well as how tech can help you market to groups as more millennials take up a larger portion of the workforce. But there are numerous other advantages to a tech-forward approach for a broker, especially in today’s world of self-isolation and quarantining. Tech not only helps you complete daily tasks, but it’s essential for remaining connected to your customers during this time. That doesn’t mean using digital forms and BenAdmin software alone will get you ahead, of course. But paired with your expertise in the insurance world, it’s a valuable commodity you can’t ignore.
Here are a few ways you can benefit from a tech-forward approach — and if it seems daunting, we’ve listed a few ways Beam can help!
Stay in touch
This is a time filled with uncertainty and stress for many people. But it gives you the chance to show off your service in a time of crisis. Whether through emails or phone calls, show your clients that even though you can’t meet face-to-face right now, you’re still committed to helping them how you can. Let them know you’re there to guide them through any questions or concerns they have about coverage and how to deal with insurance costs as many industries face economic struggles. If you normally meet with certain clients or business partners in person, schedule appointments via Skype or Google Hangouts.
Share articles and blogs — whether written by you or another source — to give clients additional tips and information on utilizing their benefits effectively during this time. For example, some dental offices may have restricted appointments or be closed during this time. Let clients know about dental emergencies for which their employees can still see the dentist. Staying in touch with clients through various mediums will keep them informed and take a little of the anxiety out of a stressful situation. And they’ll appreciate you for it.
- Hyper-responsiveness to any questions or concerns you have.
- Regular communication from our sales team on any changes and updates on how we’re dealing with the pandemic.
- Blog posts — both insurance-related and otherwise — to share with your clients and make the work-from-home transition easier for you.
If you’re facing an influx of questions related to COVID-19 and its impact, administrative tasks can bog you down and eat up valuable time if you aren’t using tech to your advantage. Fortunately, tasks that were once tedious and time-consuming have become quick and simple with the help of digital tools.
Gone are the days when you have to wait for handwritten quotes from a carrier or complete enrollment by hand. The enrollment process is largely automated once you have a roster in hand. BenAdmin platforms can also help you complete various forms and house them in one place, add new members, terminate coverage, and perform other administrative tasks. Digital tools can further save you time by catching errors during enrollment, claims processing, and other tasks.
- Quotes in under 48 business hours.
- Accurate census enrollments in under 24 business hours.
- Self-registration that allows members to select a plan or waive coverage on their own.
- Partnerships with popular BenAdmin platforms such as Employee Navigator, Zenefits, Ease, and FormFire, as well as our own BenAdmin platform called Lighthouse.
Even if your focus isn’t on winning new business right now, technology — combined with your industry knowledge and compassion toward clients — can ultimately help you retain business when renewals roll around.
Incorporating tech into your business makes you appear modern and polished instead of out-of-touch. With so many things going on in the world and their respective businesses, customers want and expect an easy, streamlined insurance experience. That includes providing members a digital space to access their plan and network information, pay bills, and check claims statuses with any device. For human resources professionals, many platforms integrate HR tools with BenAdmin software so they can manage everything from PTO to benefits in a single location.
Tech-forward carriers can also help in this arena. They have more comprehensive and reliable data, letting them generate custom and, most importantly, accurate quotes that prevent large premium increases at renewal.
- A mobile app where members can track their brushing history and view their insurance card.
- An online portal that allows members to view their insurance information, dependents, claims, and bills.
- A Find a Dentist tool that lets members search for nearby providers in the Beam network.
- BenAdmin platforms that allow HR reps to seamlessly manage their employee benefits.
- Customizable quotes and data-driven pricing that often prevents large increases at renewal.
While we don’t know when the pandemic will end, technology can keep you and your business connected in the meantime. And Beam is committed to being there for our broker partners every step of the way as we navigate these tough times together.